Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 79

Today's craft had a bit of planning involved.  I've made these little drawstring bags in the past and I'm becoming an old pro at hand stitching them, but they are a bit time consuming.  They are very handy though, and well worth the time put into them.  I cut out the material yesterday and started the stitching, then brought it to work today and worked on it during my lunch break, then finished it tonight when I got home.  I didn't think to take pictures of the material I used, and because I did a bunch of the stitching at work I didn't bother with a "during" picture, so all I have are after photos!  My hand stitching is messy, but it's all pretty well hidden, accept where the string comes out, but overall it came out good.  They get better each time I do them!

I love the magician material, it's so cute.  Inside I just used a silky plain black material.

Drawstring bag done:


Close up of material and drawstring at top, you can sort of see my (bad) stitching:


Here is the top folded over so you can see my stitching better:


And now the inside, really bad stitching!  hehe:

No comments:

Post a Comment