Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 68

I was online this afternoon looking at different crafts and came across this Charming Beaded Book Thong instructional page.  I headed over to Jo-Ann's at lunch and they are having a HUGE sale, like so big that I'm wondering if they are going out of business or something!  Anywhooo, I picked up some beads, starfish charms and some "jelly cord" because I couldn't find the wax thread the site called for.  Overall I followed the directions except for a bit of variations, and I realized I have no clear nail polish to secure the knots, so hopefully it will stay together until I can get some, but other then that, I think it came out great.  I went with a "sea" theme. 

Here is is done:




At the beginning I decided on the bead layout:




 I started the thong with the starfish:


Added the rest of the beads on the one end:


And then the other side:


And here it is all pulled out, so you can see how long it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment