Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 59

Seems to me that Japanese crafts are the theme lately for me.  I'm not exactly sure why.  I think it has to do that I enjoy paper crafts and Japan culture is known for crazy fun paper folding and cutting. 

Today I tried Kirigami.  Kiri means "cutting" and gami means "paper"...so it's paper cutting, cutting paper into decorative forms.  I did the easiest one I could find and I'm glad I did because it's harder then it looks.  Not to mention my blades and scissors are a bit dull.  I did a "classic snowflake"

First you fold the paper as directed and then trace the design on the paper:


You cut out the design:


And unfold!!  All done, not perfect, but still a very nice snowflake:


Another shot, and the best thing is, I can use this for another craft...maybe put it on a card or in a decoupage project, not sure yet:

No comments:

Post a Comment