Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 69

Today I revisited the craft storage box I painted blue a few days ago.  I have a book full of Celtic designs (Key Patterns and Animals by Courtney Davis) and decided one of them would look really nice on the cover of the storage box.  Of course being it's a Celtic design it's a bit elaborate so it took a bit of time to trace the design on the cover.  My eyes were pretty buggy after I finished and my hand was shaky from pressing hard on the pencil to trace onto the wood, so I made an executive decision not to paint the design tonight.  It's going to take some time and a steady hand, not to mention I need to go slow to make sure I correct the tracing issues I had...I really didn't trace well as you will see in the pictures below. (Oopsy)  I really love the design though and I can't wait to get back to it to paint it.  Consider this part 2 of a several part craft project! 

 Here is a close up of the design I chose:


Here is the box cover before I put the drawing and tracing paper down, and notice Cody's shadow, always having to investigate what craft I'm working on!  He is the epitome of the saying "Curiosity killed the cat":


Here is the design and tracing paper taped down, ready to trace:


All traced and ready to paint:


Another view of the traced design, click on the pictures to make them bigger:

No comments:

Post a Comment