Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 56

After a super busy day I really didn't feel like doing an in depth craft, and plus Stan and I are watching our scary ghost shows, so I didn't want to interfere too much with our time to hang out together.  I decided on a bookmark and was actually going to do a flower theme, but I came across my star paper punch and decided to use it.  I took one piece of yellow card stock and one piece of green card stock.  I cut them in 2" strips and used the star punch to punch out the stars in various patterns.  I made sure not to overlap, so they stars don't match up on each paper.  I used a glue stick to join the two sheets of paper together at the top and bottom.  I then decided to take the stars that were punched out and layer them on each side.  On the green side I took a yellow star, put a green star on top uneven and glued it down.  I did five on each side.  I then laminated the whole bookmark in contact paper.  The pictures don't do a good job of showing the finished bookmark, because of the glare, but it really looks cute!

Here is the green side:


And here is the yellow:


Close up of the yellow side, and you can see the overlapped stars:


And close up of the green side, with the overlapped stars:

No comments:

Post a Comment