Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 66

This is one of those crafts that looked much better in my head then it did after it was completed.  I got the idea while looking online one day.  The original craft was a recycled journal with a cover made from a cereal box, which I loved, but the problem is we don't eat cereal...well we do, but not the sugar filled delicious kind with the pretty boxes, so I had to use a plain piece of cardboard that I got from work.  Because it was plain, I had to decorate it and that's where it went really down hill.  I used clippings from Vogue and yellow acrylic paint.  Just not what I had in mind.  I'll let you be the judge.

Before, the paper, cardboard and string I used to make the journal:


Here is the journal all bound, sorry for the poor picture quality:


And the inside of the first page:


And here is the outside all collaged and painted, not too happy with it though:

No comments:

Post a Comment