Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 24

I got my daily Martha Stewart Craft of the Day in my email today and low and behold, it was a bookmark!  A ribbon bookmark actually.  I was just going through all my craft supplies the other day and when I got to my box of ribbon I thought, "Hmmm...what am I going to do with this!".  So receiving the email today was a good start to get through my supply!

I pulled out two blue ribbons, one shear blue which was a bit larger then the other.  The other was a smaller dragonfly motif.  I cut small slits horizontal into the larger ribbon in 1.5" increments.  I then threaded the smaller ribbon through the holes leaving a little space at both ends.  I did a simple stitch across the top and bottom where the smaller ribbon ended and then fringed the extra of the larger ribbon.  Voila!!!  A blue dragonfly ribbon bookmark!

Here are the supplies (minus needle and thread, forgot to pull them out):


Finished bookmark:


Close up of finished bookmark:


Close up of fringe end:


And here it is in action!  Works great!!  (P.S. If you have not read this book, "The Girl Who Chased the Moon" by Sarah Addison Allen - get it!!!  She is one of my favorite authors and ALL three of her books are awesome!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment