Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 40

I would like to point out that it's almost Day 41...this was a long day and a long craft.  Mostly because I was watching American Idol, then Bones and then just random shows after that.  TV can be evil.

I'm off work tomorrow though, so I can sleep in, get my beauty rest for tomorrow's (actually now today's!) craft.

As it's past my bedtime, here is what I did today...Oh, one more thing, have I mentioned I LOVE SHRINKY DINKS!!!!!!  I might change this challenge to one Shrinky Dink project a day for a year!! 

I decided to make a Tarot Card Charm Bracelet.  The other day at Michael's I picked up a package of 32" antique silver chain, toggle clasps and O rings (all on sale I might add, bonus!!).  Then yesterday I bought a collage set of vintage Tarot cards on Etsy (for $1.00!!  woo hoo)  Stan took apart the chain for me to make the bracelet size, and put the toggle clasps on it.  I printed the Tarot cards on the Shrinky Dink paper, cut them out, punched holes in the top, baked them, had Stan put the O rings in each Tarot card and I put them on the bracelet.  And it only took FOREVER!  Okay, okay, a few hours, but if I had turned off the TV it would have been sooner I'm sure! 

Without further adoooo, here are the pictures!

Printed on Shrinky Dink paper:


Close up of printed Shrinky Dink:


Here they are after they were cut and baked - so small and cute:


Finished bracelet on my hairy arm (geeze I'm really really hairy!):


Close up of the finished bracelet:

No comments:

Post a Comment