Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 25

I really have no idea how I came up with today's craft idea.  I was sitting at work, thinking about what craft I should do when I get home, doing a mental run down of what I had on hand.  I remembered that I had some sample material that a store had sent me in the mail.  Those little 2" x 2" squares, in several different styles and designs.  Also, lately I have been reading a lot about collage, mosaics, and mixed media/altered art.  I eventually want to work on an altered art book.  In any case I started thinking why not do a collage of mosaic material?  Of course then I needed to consider the design.  To make things easy I started doing searches for different pictures that were large and interesting.  I found a spider on a web and as they say, the rest is history...

I cut out pieces of each material as I went, just cutting randomly and by eye.  I used tacky glue and only glued the middle of the material so all the edges were loose and you are able to run your fingers over the art, to get a 3D feel of it.  I didn't worry about staying in the lines, I just wanted it to be random and fun.  I think it came out great.  I'm really happy with the end product.  I wish there was a way to feel things online, it feels cool...take my word for it! 

Supplies- spider drawing, tacky glue, fabric squares:


Spider close up - all done:


Spider all done, further away:


Spider all done - this way you can see how the fabric is "3D"

No comments:

Post a Comment