Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 43

I was having a serious case of "NeedToGetOutOfTheHouse-itis", so I dragged mom up to Yankee Candle in Deerfield.  There is nothing like visiting the flasgship store to get me out of a funk.  You can not leave there sad.  We had a lot of fun, enjoyed looking at all the new spring stuff and picking up some votive candles.

After Yankee Candle we went to a store across the street called The Final Markdown (which always puts the song "It's the final countdownnnnn" in my head, and I will now be singing it for days!).  The store basically sells the scraps from bigger name stores.  I picked up a few kitchen supplies, like a new cutting board, an ice cream scoop and a pizza cutter all for like $2.00 each!  Then I saw in the kids section this craft and I just knew it had to be done.  I was considering skipping today's crafts all together, but I haven't done that yet, and I don't want to start now.

This craft is Spongebob Foam Mosaics.  It comes with two pictures, one of Spongebob and one of Patrick, and a few sheets of various colored foam stickers.  There are little squares all over the pictures and you just basically match the foam squares to the colored squares on the picture.  I'm learning though that crafts for children are not easy!  For me anyway!  This one is for 4 and older, and I almost gave up!  Of course most 4 year old's don't have fake nails, on which all the little mosaic tiles can stick too.  So needless to say, most if not all of the mosaic tiles do not line up and I got to the point where I was just sticking them wherever.  It's cute though, and Patrick is awesome, so can't complain too much!



No comments:

Post a Comment