Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 51

I decided today that we needed coasters for Spring, and then the more I thought about it, I decided that we need coasters for all four seasons, SO this is part 1 of a 4 part seasonal craft!  When Summer gets a bit closer I'll do a set for that season, then Fall and then Winter!

Here is Spring.  I took four ceramic tiles, two pages from my spring scrapbook paper and my trusty stinky Mod Podge.  I cut down the paper to just under 4".  I cleaned the tiles with rubbing alcohol, smeared them with Mod Podge and then smeared the back of the paper with some more Mod Podge.  I centered the paper on the tile and then smeared more Mod Podge over the paper.  I have to do 5 coats, waiting 20 minutes in between each application.  So I don't have a finished picture, but you get the idea!  I'll add a picture of the dried coasters tomorrow so can get a real view of them.

UPDATE 3/29/11: ADDED FINISHED PICTURE AT THE END!

Here are the four tiles pre-paper application:


















Here is the Spring paper I chose, two sheets:


 The paper cut down and the Mod Podge ready to be applied:


Here they are with two coats of Mod Podge, only 3 more to go!:


 Here is what the bottom will look like once they are done, felt dots:
 
Here they are all dry and ready to go!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment