Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 44

Today's craft is pretty funny.  Well the outcome is anyway. 

I have this picture of a field of sunflowers that I enjoy and decided to make it into a Shrinky Dink magnet.  I printed it onto the Shrinky Dink paper with no problem.  It started going down hill when I cut it out.  The cutter I used skipped on the edges, so I had to use regular scissors to trim it.  Apparently while I was cutting I must have had a seizure or something because I went all over the place and though it didn't look to bad at first, I then baked it!  ugh  And on top of the not so straight cutting job, while it was baking, the Shrinky Dink curled and got stuck in a sausage like roll.  I had to use two steak knifes to pry it apart!  Steak knifes and Shrinky Dinks, not a good mix.

So the good news, I got it to lay flat.  Bad news, it looks a mess!  I still slapped some magnet tape on the back and called it a day because the picture is still pretty, and it's currently holding up a picture, so hey, mission accomplished!

Printed on Shrinky Dink paper:


After baking - cringe worthy edges:


Another cringe worthy edge picture:


And here is the back:

No comments:

Post a Comment