Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 87

I came home tonight and looked around at the supplies I had around, and I came across the extra beads and stars from the Day 68 bookmark I did.  Mom bought me a really pretty topaz necklace for my birthday (yes, a month early, but I can't wait for fun stuff!) and I thought these beads matched it nicely so I gave it a try.

Now I have to apologize for not taking pictures during the earring making process, but I was on the phone while I was doing it and totally forgot to take pictures!  I did however get the finished shots, and I have to say I'm not too happy with them.  They are very pretty, but very long, and they don't really go with the necklace.  I've put shots of the earrings with the necklace below.

Here are the finished earrings:


Another shot of the earrings, a bit closer for more detail:


Here are the earrings with my birthday necklace.  The necklace sort of looks like a sand dollar which is why I thought the starfish charms would look good, but I'm thinking they are too busy:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment