Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 99

Today's craft had the potential to be a good one, however I ended up with a third degree burn on my finger tip.  Glue guns are evil...and for the record, yes...this is my second burn for those keeping count...

I had the storage box that I had painted blue and had traced the Celtic design on to later paint.  After ruining the paint job I decided to cover the lid in fabric.  I don't have a staple gun so I pulled out the glue gun.  The first two sides went well, but while gluing the third side I was watching TV while pushing down the fabric, the glue oozed out and attached to my right ring and middle finger tips, and in a panic running around the bedroom I pulled the glue off my ring finger and in doing so took off all the skin under the glue.  I (guess) luckily I didn't rip the glue off both finger tips, but now my middle finger is caked in dry glue and any attempt to remove it pulls off the blister underneath!!  I was tempted to go to the ER because that's how freakin bad it hurt, and I have no idea how anyone with third degree burns all over their bodies do not just die from the pain!

So after some near hysterical crying, a slather of petroleum jelly, then trying to wash it off while my sister ran over to the drugstore for some antibacterial spray, gauze and gauze tape...I'm almost feeling okay.  Of course I can now only use my thumb and pointer finger on my right hand to type, so work should be interesting tomorrow!  Depending on how tomorrow goes, I might have to put crafting on hold for a few days, unless I can find some easy craft ideas...will have to look around.

Anyway, here is today's craft, almost done...one side is not glued, but I tucked it in so you can see how it looks.  Overall I think it looks good though!

Here is the storage box all covered:


Here is how it looked before I covered it, see the bad paint job:


And a close up of the material I used:

 

And here it is finished:


And here are my bandaged fingers thanks to Maegan & Mom.  UPDATE: I ended up going to Urgent Care the next day.  They confirmed third/second degree burns, gave me a prescription for pain meds and some cream to put on the burns and sent me on my way.  I'm all healed now, no scarring, but the hot glue gun has been banned from the house by the hubby!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment