Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 90

I am having a very "off" week, mentally I'm just not myself.  When it came to do a craft tonight I felt like doing something mindless, something fun, but that I didn't really have to concentrate to hard on. 

I used to have a necklace, a spiral goddess pendant that I really liked, but lost a long time ago. I've been thinking about it for some reason lately, so tonight I pulled out some Sculpey clay and fashioned my own spiral goddess pendant.  It didn't take long to make, and I did it flat, so it can sit on a table or bookcase.  I didn't bake it though, since it's late I didn't want to pull out the oven that we use for baking clay.  Once it's baked I think I'll go over the spirals in white paint so they stand out more.

For more information on the artist who I believe is responsible for the Sacred Goddess, Abby Willowroot, visit HERE:

Here it is finished:



Here is the clay I used:


Here is after I got the form, and as I started doing the spiral:


And another picture of her finished, just need to bake her:

2 comments: