Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 89

Since I had stuff to do I decided to do what I thought would be an easy craft.  I pulled out the Kirigami book and chose to do the Bell Net fold.

It went well, until Cody grabbed the finished craft (not before ripping it while I was trying to take pictures of the finished work), he ran down the stairs, only to be attacked by Izzy and well...this is how it ended:

R.I.P Bell Net paper craft....


Before the carnage, I folded the paper and free handed the design for the cutting:


I then cut the lines, being careful not to do all the way to the end:


I gently unfolded it:


I then strung a thread on a piece of scrap paper and used it to pull the center up, to unfold the bell:


And here it is open, and this where Cody decided it was a cat toy:


And ripped it.....sigh....:


Here is an attempt at trying to show it hanging:


Right after the last photo I put it down flat and turned around, with my back turned that's when Cody grabbed the bell and ran down the stairs.  Refer to the first photo for the end of the story.  Ah well they are pretty cute, and I forgive them.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment