Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 97

Today's craft was inspired by a treat jar I saw online.  I was at Michael's craft store the other day and picked up two glass jars that have a seal, one a bit bigger then the other.  This is the smaller of the two for the cat treats.  We have been keeping the treats in the bag they come in, but sometimes the bag doesn't get closed all the way and the treats dry out.  Such a waste of money!  This way they treats will stay fresh and the jar is adorable.

I used enamel glass paint in black and red to make cat paw prints and little hearts.  I have never made these designs on glass with a paint brush and the brushes I have aren't the best for small painting so the prints and hearts are a bit messy, but overall I think it came out cute!  And I put "Don't Make Me Beg" on the top for added charm.  Be sure to check out the last picture of Cody checking it out...

Here it is done:


Here is the jar plain, the way I bought it:


I started painting it:


All done!:


Another view:


And another:


Close up of the lid:


And here is Cody showing his indifference to the finished jar, I think he would like it more if it was full of treats!  But it had to dry....:

2 comments:

  1. I love your pet treat jars. They look fantastic. I think I might just have to try my hand at decorating a jar for our 3 spoiled cats.
    Your Cody looks adorable. He has very similar colour/markings as our cat India - although I am sure that Cody is a braver fellow than India.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mandy! We are still using them and the animals seem to enjoy them, or at least the treats inside, because we can't even stand near the jars without them thinking they are getting some. I have been asked where I bought them, when people come over, which is really nice! Definitely give it a go, it's super easy and everyone will think you purchased them from some high end pet store! As for Cody, he is a pain, but we love him tons. I think he was a lion in his past life because he's not scared of anything or anyone! Oh and I love India's name!

    ReplyDelete