Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 19

I need to point out a few things about me and about this craft.  First, I'm immature when it comes to stuff like this.  I see a toy section in a store, and I'm there!  I can't even go into a Walgreens without spending a considerable amount of time on the toy aisle, and as most people know, the toy section in Walgreens is not even good!  Second, I'm sick, so I left work early today and headed over to Target to get medicine.  Being I wasn't feeling good, I skipped the toy section, but on the way to pick up a box of tissues, I walked past, (or tried to walk past) the office/craft section.  I love Rose Art stuff, and when I saw this kit, I was like "YAY!"...not only a cool craft, but one I can do in bed, in between blowing my nose and sucking on throat drops!  Again...."YAY!"!!!

The kit I bought is called "Window Art: Trace it, Peel it, Stick it".  It comes with five colored "paints", two clear transparent plastic sheets and a book of traceable art.  You put the plastic sheet on the page of drawings you want to trace, you outline it in black and then color it in with the other colors.  You let it dry, you peel it and then you stick it to a window or mirror, and take it down when your bored with it!!

I get home, put on the PJ's, get into bed and find the picture I want to trace.  A really cute, detailed butterfly.  I put the plastic down, open the black paint and squeeze the bottle.  The black paint proceeds to explode, sending black paint across the bedroom, all over my side table, my hands, my pants, and the book.  I proceed to start yelling for Stan to come upstairs and help meeeee!!!!  Ever heard a 34 year old woman whine loudly while doing a project for "5 years or older"??  It's not pretty.  Stan was kind enough to help me clean up, and with almost less then half a bottle of paint left, I decide to try again.  Turns out the paint is clogging the tip,so I had to cut the tip down, making the tip super wide, which makes tracing the picture a messy endeavor.  By the time I finish tracing the butterfly, I'm ready to write Rose Art some hate mail.  And I'm thankful that I'm not indeed doing this with a 5 year old because we would both be whining at this point.  I put the messy black outlined butterfly to the side to dry.  After about fifteen minutes I begin to try to color it with the colored paints.  Two of the colors begins pouring out of the bottle the moment I get the cover off!  The others, clogged!  Luckily I learned my lesson with the black paint and managed to NOT spray them across the room. 

Needless to say...not my favorite craft...but still cute, and maybe, once I buy a hazmat suit, I'll try another design.

COVER:

INSIDE COVER:


CLOSE UP OF FINISHED BUTTERFLY:


AND ANOTHER:


AND HERE IS THE FULL PAGE, WITH THE ONE I DID BOTTOM LEFT:

No comments:

Post a Comment