Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 1

Perhaps I'm crazy. We are in the midst of DIY'ing our wedding for September. But I'm always one to find an excuse to craft, and always in need of a push, some sort of starting point, so when I came across the book "365: A Daily Creativity Journal" by Noah Scalin, I realized this was a fun way to spend the next year, and I can incorporate the crafting for the wedding into this project. Also, when the wedding has come and gone, I was worried that I would have some type of DIY withdrawl, so this is a way for me to keep going, once the wedding madness is over!

One of the things I decided was that for 2011 I would buy no more cards! I'm sick of giving money to Hallmark when I have the means to make my own. Granted my cards will in no way be as wonderful as Hallmarks, but I can guarantee mine will have more love in it's little card soul then any I have ever purchased! So for my Day 1 craft I decided to make my friend's birthday card.

When I saw the little butterflies in all their glitter glory, I just knew I had to use them, and I'm glad I did. The inside has a quote about friendship and a "Happy Birthday" chipboard sticker, and overall for my first card, I'm happy with it. Hopefully with every card I do, they will get a bit more better, but this was a good start.




No comments:

Post a Comment