Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 14

Two weeks into the challenge and I'm a bit surprised I have stuck with this.  I think it has to do with the love of crafting and not so much the ability to follow through with stuff!  Anyone who knows me knows I get bored easily!  I see other people's blogs, who are doing this challenge and a lot of them stick with one craft theme.  I was thinking about doing that, but I know that would be the beginning of the end!  I need variety. 

Today's craft was more of a lesson for me then an actual craft project, but I feel it still counts!  I had picked up this book called "Drawing Lab: 52 Creative Exercises To Make Drawing Fun" and the first exercise in the book is called "Cats in Bed".  The book is fantastic, it basically takes the fear of a blank page away from you.  Anyone who has sat down to draw has felt that fear or anxiety, I'm sure.  The instructions for this exercise were simple.  Get a piece of white card stock, a pen and get into bed.  Once in bed, draw cats!  Simple, easy, nothing fancy cats.  Being a self described "crazy cat lady", this exercise was right up my alley.  And since one of our cats, Cody, was on the bed next to me kneading the blankets, I used him as my muse.  He was thrilled at the idea of being captured on paper, let me tell you.  Once I explained what I was doing to him, he quit kneading and proceeded to clean my forehead.  (See, I told you...crazy cat lady!)

Here is the book cover:


And the exercise I did:

And here are the cats I drew, sort of hard to see so making the picture bigger (yeah, they look insane, but they are cute if nothing else):

No comments:

Post a Comment